Thursday, November 29, 2007

New life today

Fleeting faces like clouds,
Changing shapes on the sky of my mind.
Smokey images, echoing cries
Diminish to whispers as from my sleep I arise.
Emerging into consciousness
Trying to comprehend the sleep-life's plots,
Still I lie, in fresh restlessness
Arranging my disconnected thoughts.
I'm stung awake with a familiar sensation
Steely looks, icy voice, derisive glare.
The cold picture of perilous desolation.
Ah! Reality and imagination had mingled there.
Sifting through the dens of memory unbent,
Eagerly replaying my vivid follies from the start.
I can't help but blame God's careless uninvolvement
when I nourished misconceptions in heart.
If only I could delete them from my mind
Like I delete messages from my phone's inbox...
But stronger and stronger grows the bind
Like chained and held with keyless locks.
Lord, Your mercies flow anew each morn,
Renew my failing faith I pray.
Heal my wounds and end my mourning
Grant me the will to forgive myself today.

0 comments: