Saturday, September 6, 2008

Who's in control...

She texts me every day, with the same tinge of sadness in every word and sentence. Every time I try to encourage her to fight off her gloom, it sadly strikes me that she's not in control of her emotions. Sweet and lovely as she is I wonder why she ever allowed another person to influence her happiness. Was it her low self esteem that triggered of this cycle of pain? If only she could look at herself with the eyes of God!
The first few weeks of my stay in the hostel opened me to a whole new set of people- the working class of women. Being only a begginer, I would gaze in admiration at their confident strides and their complacent independance - hoping to be a woman of consequence someday! But today, my view of them is clearer. They are people fighting with addictions and discontentment, covering their insecurities with an attitude of daring recklessness. Too far from my image of women in control of their own life.
I look at myself, trying to gain a firm footing at my work place. Determined to do the work of God with the hands He's given me. Sometimes failing miserably. Wanting to do every thing right, but going wrong like the murphy's laws were applicable only to me...
Yet I go on... Knowing well that Jesus is in control. I need not worry... I only pray that my dear friends understand this too.
God bless!

1 comments:

Chaggoholic.... said...

I wud still call it a bird's eye view.It wud b some more time before u cud actually unravel the mysteries in those women....