Thursday, September 25, 2008

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until this violent storm is past. I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me.” Psalm 57:1-2


I can imagine david looking out of his hiding one stormy night. Away from the palace. Distant from the used-to-bes. Cold and trembling on the outside but colder and lonlier on the inside. Crying out to God but hearing no answer... From his dismaying reflections, he's gently pulled to the present by a cooing sound. He looks around and spots a mother bird hiding her young ones beneath her wings. There, when the icy winds rush frantically to assail her kids. What must he have felt? I can echo his feelings.
I will hide - from my foolish heart, my unwise actions.
Beneath the shadow of your wings - trusting that You care. Knowing that You are concerned about every detail of my life. Even when I can't see Your face, feel the loving embrace.
Until the voilent storm is past...
It makes me happy. It gives me the strength to move on.

1 comments:

Chaggoholic.... said...

Well u echoed well.Liked it....