Wednesday, January 2, 2008

happy new year

New year's dawned in our lives and with it have dawned new hopes for tomorrow. This year especially is a turning point in my life. I'll be joining work very soon. In fact, I got a call today from the hosp with which I have a contract, asking me to join asap.

There's something that worries me though... I'm offered a job in a maternity and child care speciality hospital- I've had a tough time even during the clinical postings in my student life. Don't know how I can make a living in that line. The moments when I stood in the labour ward, fruitlessly trying to console ladies writhing in pain are still alive in my mind. I don't mind this part of my job, but the delivery in itself makes my knees tremble. That queasy feeling in my tummy and the sudden loss of consciousness are more than what I can bear.

It's again a matter of choice, I can either accept or reject it. However, I don't know if God has chosen this path for me. If He asks me to go, I will. As for the weakness of mine, I'm convinced that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

God bless
Have a blessed new year!

0 comments: