Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Darling sis

The air was fresh and crisp last evening, as I watched the shuttlecock fly from side to side in the pale blue sky. I had just finished a good round of badminton with Papa, and now stood waiting for my turn as Papa tried his hand with my Sis. We were a rip-roaring trio that guiltlessly racked up the quietude of the surroundings. Who by turns both cheered and pulled each others' legs.

My Sis soldiered on to play well and every time she missed a shot, we could hear her shriek, 'Man! What's wrong with me?' As a kid, she competed with me in almost everything.Be it drawing a picture, brewing coffee or even sweeping the house. After the work was done, she'd call upon papa to judge it and declare the winner. The first time, he was fair in his duty. The whining and snivelling it brought forth from my Sis, however, taught him to judge better. She was the best- we learnt it the hard way...

But now, things are different. I've watched her slowly grow over a dozen years and now in a jiffy she seems threatening to overshoot my height! Now she has grown to love me, appreciate me... In fact, she keeps me going! Even now, as I played, I could hear her cheering from behind, 'Come on Chech, you can do it!'

Once we wound up our game, 'Papa' called out my sis. 'Tell me who plays better'.
'You', came the obvious reply.
'No...' cried my unsatisfied Sis. She has outgrown the age of jealousy and was only looking for an honest answer to assess her skill. Nevertheless, Papa would not take a chance.
'Please tell me the truth', she implored again. With bated breath I waited to hear my name, but Papa's answer left us all laughing
'Then', he said gravely 'it must be me'.

2 comments:

jacos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jacos said...

he he he he he .........a confused dad(over a game of badminton).................wat do these gals want........???

hmmm........love is wat is present here..................i wish my dad would hav bein here, i miss my dad......!!!!